A truck accident occurs when a box truck, 18-wheeler, or any other sort of commercial truck crashes against another vehicle, object, or person. This can cause numerous injuries and even death. These are the most typical causes of a truck accident:
- Driver speeding or tailgating: Tailgating or speeding at a truck is extremely dangerous because it can cause a disaster for the next driver or the entire road.
- Fatigue: Because you are the big guy on the road, you should consider resting more or stopping at a rest area if you have been driving for an extended period of time.
- Intoxication: Many accidents have occurred as a result of drivers who were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Poor truck mechanics: Companies must provide their staff and trucks with insurance. They also need to perform routine truck maintenance.
As a truck driver, it is recommended that you understand how your assigned truck operates and inspect it on a regular basis.
Dedicated attorneys working for you!
Our attorneys will fight your case without you having to pay anything out of pocket. We have qualified experience and are law school registered.
Make sure you’re OK! Truck accidents can cause greater injury than typical car accidents. Make yourself the priority. Contact emergency services as soon as possible.
While you wait for the police to arrive, look out for others involved in the accident, but only if you yourself are all right. Get medical treatment even if you think you’re uninjured: pain and other symptoms can occur later.
Gather all the evidence you can. The most important evidence you should get is:
- The Truck Driver’s Info:
- Contact Info
- Company Name
- License Plate Number
- Vehicle Information
- Insurance Information
- Driver’s License Number
- Truck Driver’s License Number
- The truck’s cargo
- Witnesses: Ask witnesses of the accident to stay and give statements to the police. Their statements can help your case later.
– Take pictures of as much of the scene as you can. Make sure to get pictures of the damage to both vehicles, as well as injuries, and the state of the road and traffic lights.
These accidents can occur mostly because of reckless driving or speeding. It is important to follow the rules of the road. Drive defensively and avoid tailgating! Falling asleep at the wheel is also a cause of truck accidents. Don’t drive while tired.
If your state uses a comparative negligence rule, you may still be eligible for compensation. What this means is, all victims involved in the accident can receive compensation based on their level of fault which is decided in court.
From the manufacturer of the truck, the owner of the truck/cargo, even the truck company itself. Many different parties can be held liable for paying compensation after a truck accident. It all depends on what the cause of the accident is.
Consider contacting an attorney referral service. It can connect you with experienced attorneys who can decide what the best course of action is for you.
Any information shared with your insurance company can come out during your accident case and severely cut how much compensation you might receive. An attorney can inform you on what not to say to your insurance company, helping your potential compensation!
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident and are not at fault, you may have a good case that can lead to compensation. A personal injury attorney can help you build your claim and find out how much it’s worth.
Do not give them any information. Anything you say or any questions you answer can be used against you and your case.
Your best options are to hang up or refer them to your attorney who will know how to deal with the trucking insurance company.
Depending on your state, you may want to file a lawsuit sooner rather than later. Tennessee’s statue of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is one year, starting at the time of the accident.
An attorney referral service can put you in contact with an experienced personal injury attorney that’s right for you.
Depending on your case, you may be eligible for different kinds of compensation. If you were injured, the type of compensation awarded is usually related to covering your medical bills or lost wages if the injury prevents you from working.
An attorney will help you build a case that’s best for you!